Thursday, June 17, 2010

What are you doing wrong?

I like reading classics to my kids, because I learn so much. Here is a quote from the "Princess and Curdie" by George MacDonald about the need to think about your life how just letting things happens means we miss out doing all the good things we had the opportunity to do.

Curdie says,

'I was doing the wrong of never wanting or trying to be better. And now I see that I have been letting things go as they would for a long time. Whatever came into my head I did, and whatever didn't come into my head I didn't do. I never sent anything away, and never looked out for anything to come. I haven't been attending to my mother - or my father either. And now I think of it, I know I have often seen them looking troubled, and I have never asked them what was the matter. And now I see, too, that I did not ask because I suspected it had something to do with me and my behaviour, and didn't want to hear the truth. And I know I have been grumbling at my work, and doing a hundred other things that are wrong.'

No comments: