Wednesday, August 31, 2022

In what will I boast?




Jeremiah 9:23-24 Thus says the LORD: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD.”

This goes along with my reading in Precious Remedies against Satan's Devices, which talked about the temporalness of the things of this world. Brooks makes the point that even kingdoms fail. We seem to be at a huge transition point in our world's history. There is a lot of uncertainty about what comes next , so where am I going to put my hope? What will be solid enough to last? All the goods of this world are going to fade away. This also goes along with my reading from yesterday in James 1, which talks about the rich man fading away. 

Beyond that as I helped take care of my dad who is aging and has had some mental slowdowns along with some injury, it is obvious that we can't even trust our own capacities.

Lord help me to put me to see that there is hope and I can look for a better tomorrow and even to eternity. Then help me to see your clearly and make you my hope. May knowing your and making you known define my life. 

No comments: