Thursday, October 18, 2018

My Privilege

Here is a post that I wrote on Micah's CaringBridge page on this day 6 years ago.

My privilege

I count it the greatest privilege to have been blessed by the Lord to be Micah's Dad on this earth for the last 12 years. It was also my great privilege to walk with him through all of the illnesses through the years, especially the last 6 months. Finally, it was a tremendous privilege to be by his side when he went to be with Jesus.

I love my boy, and I love Jesus.

Here is what I wrote early this morning in my personal journal:

"Sitting at the bedside of my dying son at 3:48 in the morning. Weeping like crazy. Bertrand Russell once said that “no one can sit at the bedside of dying child and believe in God.” Well, I beg to differ. My faith is the thing that strengthens me. How else can I make it through? We cannot do anything else. This fire drains away everything else. Nothing else satisfies my soul. I would love to save my son. I would easily give my life for his, but God has not chosen that path for us. He has chosen a vale of tears, but He will walk through it with me."

Jesus walks with us, and now Micah is walking with Jesus.

Micah is now with Jesus. Here is one of my favorite memories of him.


Piano Playing

No comments: